Historical Monuments
Fortress of Roupel: The fortress is situated 5 km southeast of the customhouse of Promachonas at the Greek – Bulgarian border and east of the river Strymona. It was the largest one of the 21 fortresses of “line Metaxa” which was constructed in the northern borders of our country and consisted of mainly underground defensive spaces. Nowadays the fortress operates as a historical monument where the visitor has the opportunity to visit the museum, the war memorial and the underground galleries, to see the battle through the audiovisual system and to enjoy the hospitality of the soldiers which are responsible for the fortress. It is about 23 km away from the hotel.

Fortress Istibei: It is situated on a hill of the Mountain Belles and about 15 km away from Neo Petritsi. The fortress is 250 meters away from the Bulgarian border and lies at an altitude of 1936 m. The visitor can get to the museum of the fortress through a narrow but wellbuild road from Neo Petristsi, which is about 10 km away from the hotel.

Railway Station Of Vyronia: The village station was built in 1896 and was the base of the Greek Headquarters during the final period of the Second Balkan War (1913). The bronze inscription in the plane tree indicates that the King Constantine and Prime Minister of Greece Eleftherios Venizelos composed the terms of peace towards the defeated Bulgaria.


Photo Gallery